The RentSpace Referral Program (“Referral Program”) is offered by RentStow, Inc. and its affiliates (together referred to as “RentSpace”) and provides Users who are interested in referring their family and friends (“Referrers”) the opportunity to refer eligible individuals to join the RentSpace community as new Users or Hosts. These Program Rules apply to both referrers and referred Users, so please read carefully to understand your respective rights and obligations.
To be eligible to participate in the Referral Program as a referrer, you must (a) be a legal resident of your country; (b) be the age of majority in your territory of residence; and (c) maintain a RentSpace account in good standing. Referrers may be Users or Hosts. A single person may use the RentSpace Platform in several ways (for example, as a User and Host). However, if you violate the Referral Program Rules or any applicable Terms of Service, RentSpace may suspend or terminate your ability to participate in the Referral Program under any or all of your accounts. For example, if you are a User and Host and you engage in prohibited referral activity under your Host account, RentSpace may terminate your ability to participate in the Referral Program under all of your RentSpace accounts.
Under the Referral Program, RentSpace may provide you with a unique alphanumeric code (“RentSpace Code”) to distribute to eligible individuals to become new Users or Hosts. RentSpace may also provide you the ability to create additional RentSpace Codes. RentSpace owns all rights in and to any RentSpace Code whether provided to you or created by you. You acknowledge and agree that: (a) RentSpace may limit the number of RentSpace Codes you may create or are made available to you, (b) you have no ownership rights in any form over the RentSpace Codes, and (c) RentSpace may reclaim, deactivate, invalidate or terminate your RentSpace Code at any time at its discretion.
How to Refer New Users
a. Referred Users.
You may refer eligible individuals to become new Users on the RentSpace Platform. In order to be eligible for a Referral Reward (defined below) for a new User, the person must (i) have never previously created a RentSpace account; (ii) be at least the age of majority in your territory of residence, and (iii) satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria, as discussed below. If these conditions are met, the person shall be considered your “Referred User.”
b. Referred Hosts.
You may refer eligible individuals to become new Hosts on the RentSpace Platform. In order to receive a Referral Reward for a new Host, the person must (i) have never previously been a Host or started an application to become a Host; (ii) meet all eligibility requirements and be approved to host on the RentSpace Platform, and (iii) satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria. (iv) has created a listing and accept a booking request form another user. If these conditions are met, the person shall be considered your “Referred Host.”
c. Invitations through the RentSpace Platform.
d. Other Invitations.
You may also invite eligible individuals to become new Users by distributing your RentSpace Code directly and instructing them to manually input your RentSpace Code into the RentSpace App. A User will not be able to apply your RentSpace Code if (i) they’ve already applied another User’s RentSpace Code or a different promotion code, (ii) they’ve already received RentSpace credit from RentSpace or another source on their User account prior to entry of your RentSpace Code, or (iii) they take a RentSpace ride prior to entering your RentSpace Code in their Account. A Host will not be able to apply your RentSpace Code if they start their application without entering your Code. If a User does not enter your Referral Code you will not receive attribution for the referral and they will not be considered your Referred User or Referred Host. RentSpace reserves the right to supply new Users with RentSpace credit or sign-on bonuses at its discretion.
You are eligible to earn a referral incentive (“Referral Reward”) for each Referred User and Referred Host that you refer to the RentSpace Platform (subject to certain maximum limits and the other terms in these Referral Program Rules). Referral Rewards can only be earned for Referrals in your country of residence, and cannot be earned for cross-border referrals. As discussed above, in order to qualify as your Referred User or Referred Host, the new User must satisfy the applicable Reward Criteria. The Reward Criteria are set by RentSpace in its sole discretion and are subject to change at any time. The Reward Criteria may vary by market or within a particular market. RentSpace, at its sole discretion, may make available certain promotions with different Reward Criteria or Referral Rewards to other Users or prospective Users. These promotions, unless offered to you, shall have no bearing whatsoever on your Agreement or relationship with RentSpace.
If the new User that you refer satisfies the Reward Criteria, the type of Reward you are eligible to receive may depend on (i) which RentSpace User account you used to refer the new user (in general, both Users and Hosts can receive RentSpace credits in their RentSpace account -- the amount of the Reward may also vary depending on which User account you use), (ii) the RentSpace region associated with your RentSpace account (which may be the last location you have logged into the RentSpace application), (iii) the RentSpace region associated with the Referred User when they apply your RentSpace Code, or (iv) other factors as determined and communicated by RentSpace.
b. Earning Rewards for Referred Users.
New Users you refer may receive RentSpace credit upon creating their new RentSpace account (“Referral Credit”). Referral Credit is only valid for use on the RentSpace Platform and is not transferable and is not redeemable for cash or any credit outside RentSpace. Referral Credit may contain certain restrictions such as expiration dates or geographical use limitations which will be communicated to the new User. In order to satisfy the Referral Criteria, the referred User must take their first RentSpace ride before the Referral Credit expires, but in no event later than thirty (30) days from the creation of their RentSpace account. All terms and conditions for the distribution and use of Referral Credit are determined by RentSpace in its sole discretion.
c. Maximum Rewards for Referred Users.
The maximum amount of Referral Rewards that RentSpace will pay for Referred Users is $2,000 per week (in RentSpace Referral credit). For example, if the Referral Reward is $10 per Referred User and you generate 230 Referred Users in a single week, the maximum you can earn is $2,000 (in RentSpace credit) for such week. This maximum Referral Reward amount shall apply across all of your RentSpace accounts (User and Host). You may not create multiple RentSpace accounts to circumvent the Referral Reward maximum, and RentSpace may withhold or deny any amounts above the maximum Referral Reward. RentSpace reserves the right to change this maximum amount, and it is your responsibility to review the Referral Program Rules for the current maximum limits.
d. Earning Rewards for Referred Hosts.
When you refer a new Host to the RentSpace Platform you may be eligible for a Referral Reward if the Host is approved, approves a booking request and satisfies the Reward Criteria. The applicable Reward Criteria varies by time, market, and promotion. RentSpace will confirm the applicable Reward Criteria for the Referred Host (if any) upon submission of their Host listing and booking.
e. Maximum Rewards for Referred Hosts.
RentSpace reserves the right to set a maximum amount of Referral Rewards you can earn per week (or any other time increment) for referring new Hosts to the RentSpace Platform. It is your responsibility to review the Referral Program Rules for the current maximum limits.
f. Resolving Disputes over Referrals.
Only one person can earn a Referral Reward for a single Referred User or Referred Host. In the event that multiple persons claim credit for a particular referral, RentSpace has full discretion to determine which person earned such referral according to RentSpace’s systems.
g. Reservation of rights.
RentSpace reserves the right to withhold or deduct Referral Rewards or Referral Credit obtained through the Referral Program in the event that RentSpace determines or believes that the receipt of the Referral Reward or Referral Credit was in error, fraudulent, illegal, or in violation of these Referral Program Rules or any other applicable agreement between you and RentSpace.
h. Maximum amount applied.
RentSpace limits the number of RentSpace credits that you can apply on a transaction. That limit has been set to be one credit ($5) per transaction. Rentspace reserves the right to change this anytime.
In connection with your participation in the Referral Program, you expressly agree to the restrictions listed below. When distributing, promoting or communicating your Referral Code(s) you agree that:
- No spamming. You agree that you will not “spam” anyone with invitations to join the RentSpace community, and that you at all times will remain compliant with CAN-SPAM, the TCPA, and other applicable laws. The following specific activities are prohibited:
- Mass emailing, texting or messaging people you do not personally know;
- Use of automated systems or bots through any channel to distribute, post or respond to your Referral Code;
- Use of scripts, programed or automatic dialers to send invites or to communicate Referral Codes; and
- Posting referral codes on event or venue pages without express permission from the owner.
- No Misrepresentations. You agree that you will not attempt to mislead anyone in connection with the Referral Program, either by affirmative representation, implication, or omission. In particular, you agree that you will not:
- Impersonate any person or entity
- Create fake accounts, blogs, webpages, profiles, websites, links or messages
- Misrepresent your relationship with RentSpace or any other third party (Don’t create content or communications that could have the effect of leading a consumer to believe that it is an official communication from RentSpace.)
- Suggest that an affiliation or partnership exists with a third party where none exists. Some examples include:
- “Use code ‘JOGAN’ to get up to $10 off your RentSpace ride to the US Open! #USOPEN #RENTSPACE”;
- “Drake loves RentSpace! Use code ‘JOGAN’ to get up to $10 off your RentSpace ride to the Drake concert tonight!”; or
- “Little monsters love RentSpace! Use RentSpace to get to the Drake concert tonight!”
- Don’t make misrepresentations with respect to the characteristics or qualification requirements for any referral rewards. You acknowledge that RentSpace may change the characteristics or qualification requirements for referral rewards in its discretion, and therefore you shall not represent any fixed characteristics (e.g., amount of RentSpace credit, expiration date).
- Prohibited content. You agree that you will not use the RentSpace brand in connection with:
- Disparaging or defamatory content concerning RentSpace or third parties;
- Content which promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, discrimination or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Offensive, abusive, intimidating or harassing content
- Content that is sexually explicit, obscene and/or contains nudity
- Any political and/or religious statement;
- Content containing images or reference to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, weapons or firearms
- Content that violates someone else’s privacy
- Other restrictions. You also agree that you will not:
- Specify the monetary amount of the referral code unless authorized by RentSpace in writing;
- Create websites, domains, URLs, social media handles or email addresses containing the word “RentSpace”;
- Use the names or marks of RentSpace competitors
- Use images of celebrities or other public or private figures without their written consent
- Use someone else’s brand name or intellectual property without their written consent (for example, referencing “Superbowl” or “Coachella” would be prohibited);
- Engage in phishing or attempting to obtain financial or other personal information
- Solicit passwords or personally identifiable information
- Sell your Referral Code. You agree that you will only distribute your RentSpace Code free of charge only for promotional purposes. You may not sell, trade, or barter your RentSpace Code under any circumstances. You may not pay or provide anything of value to an invited user beyond any referral credit or collateral supplied by RentSpace.
- Violate or infringe the rights of a third party. You will not create any RentSpace Code that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any third party. You will adhere to the License terms in any use of the RentSpace Marks.
- Advertise. You agree that you will not pay to advertise your RentSpace Code or the Referral Program, including via Google, Facebook, Twitter, Bing and Craigslist.
- Create printed materials other than those authorized by RentSpace (including but not limited to: VistaPrint)
- Post printed materials on public or private property without the express written consent.
- Engage in fraudulent activity. You agree that you and your referrals will not defraud or abuse (or attempt to defraud or abuse) RentSpace, the terms of the RentSpace Referral Program, or any invited users.
If you violate any of these restrictions RentSpace may, in its discretion, remove your eligibility to participate in the Referral Program, and/or deny you any Referral Rewards earned in violation or suspected violation of these restrictions.
The following terms shall also apply to your participation in the Referral Program.
- Referred Hosts who earn a Referral Reward for satisfying the Reward Criteria are not eligible for other sign-on bonuses or guarantees.
- Users cannot earn Referral Rewards for referring themselves.
- In exchange for allowing you to promote your RentSpace Code online (subject to the restrictions above), you agree to include a link on any such promotion page back to RentSpace’s promotion page (or such other page as RentSpace designates).
- All RentSpace promotions run for a limited time only and are subject to change at RentSpace’s discretion.